

This week I had my 16 week appointment. The nurse made me get on the scale and I gained 7 pounds! :O AHH. My blood pressure was normal and then I was off to the room. Our doctor came in and measured my belly.. I was 15 cms. She commented on my pooch and told me I was on my way. She got out the doppler and we were able to hear the heartbeat for a few minutes. She scheduled a bunch of lab work and she said she would see us in a few weeks.
EJ was with me and begged her for an ultrasound since there was a chance we could find out the sex. So she finally let in and let us get one done. I went to the lab and took care of my bloodwork and then we were off to the ultrasound.
Donna (our ultrasound lady) let us record our session on a dvd which I will treasure!! She said she would record a little longer than usual so we were thrilled. (Keep in mind that everyone at this doctors office knows Eric and I on a first name basis. Ha). She started the ultrasound and seeing the baby was something I was never forget. He was sleeping when she started and was able to wake him up. He was kicking his legs, moving around, and sucking his thumb. EJ asked if we could find out the sex and at that time I looked over to see his reaction when she told us. She said.. ITS A BOY! I swear I thought Eric was going to jump out of his seat. He had the biggest grin and couldn't take his eyes off of the screen. We are both sooo thrilled. It's amazing how much I love this baby who hasn't even made it into this world yet.
EJ and I agreed on a name last night. His name is Hunter Clay! :)
We go back in 4 weeks for our 20 week appointment. We are scheduled for another ultrasound so we can see all of his organs. So expect another dvd from that appointment. That will probably be the last ultrasound until he is here.
I can't believe I am already 4 months pregnant and it's only 5 more months until I can hold him in my arms! I can't wait for all of you to meet him.
Love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment