Thursday, October 26, 2006

8 week doctor appointment

Hunter had his 8 week doctors appointment today. He is 13 pounds, 13 ounces and 23 inches long. He is in the 89th percentile for weight and 53rd percentile for weight. He had 4 shots today and it was tramatic...for me, not for Hunter. One of the shots was oral and then he got 3 shots in his thighs. Thank goodness Emily was in town because she held him down on the table while I turned my back. I made the mistake of looking around just as the nurse stuck a long needle in my baby's leg. Then Hunter started to cry so I followed suit. He stopped crying long before I did. He only cried for a minute so our son was a trooper.

We got him home, loaded him up with some tylonol, fed him a few bottles, and he finally fell asleep. I can tell that he isn't very comfortable and I hate that I can't do anything to take away his pain. I can't wait until he is feeling back to his normal, happy self!

No comments: