Thursday, August 30, 2007

HE'S ONE!




Hunter is ONE... wow! We just got back from his one year doctor appointment and here are the details; weights: 24 lbs, 4 ozs (75%), length: 29 inches (25%), head: 18 3/4 inches (75%). They did an eye test and he has astigmatism in his right eye. The doctor said not to worry, that's its normal, and they will retest in three months. If it's still there, we have to go see an eye doctor. He had four shots today.. he took it like a champ. I made his daddy go because I don't like to see my son in pain. The doctor looked him over, said hes doing great, and sent us on our way. We have to go back next month for his flu shot. Geez... give my son a break on shots please.

We are trying to get back in the swing of things after all of his celebrations. I had a playgroup party for him last week, his big birthday party was on Saturday, and his actual birthday party was on Tuesday. He was on a sugar high for a whole week. We sure had a lot of fun celebrating his ONE year and he got a ton of toys. Gran and Grandad were here for six days and we had so much fun. They did an awesome job with his party and Hunter loved going into their room and waking them up every morning. It kindof made me sad... he went into their room this morning only to find it empty. He looked at me like he didn't understand why they weren't there. But we sure did enjoy having them here... even if the majority of the time we were eating mexican food. HA. Thanks for everything mom and dad!

Hunter's teacher came over yesterday to introduce herself. Hunter wasn't too sure of her but hopefully they will bond. He starts school in two weeks. It's only one day a week but it will take some getting used to. It was funny because I was about to tell her they made a mistake on his information... it said TODDLER room and I was looking for Infant. Then I caught myself and realized.. he is a TODDLER now.. oh my gosh.

We are going to Sealy next weekend for Hunter's ONE year pictures. If you haven't noticed I am putting ONE in caps because I am still trying to accept it. ha ha. Speaking of pictures, all of his party pictures are posted on flickr so check them out!

Hunter's first year has been incredible and we are looking forward to whats ahead!

Love,
Us

No comments: