Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hunter's Last Day of School





Today was Hunter's last day of school. I still remember his very first day where both of us were so nervous. Gosh so much has changed...

1. In the beginning I had to carry him to class.. now he walks.
2. In the beginning I had to carry his backpack..now he wears it on his back.
3. In the beginning I had to run out of the classroom before he noticed I was gone..now he yells "bye mommy" and blows me kisses.
4. In the beginning he was shy and reserved.. now he plays and won't stop talking.
5. In the beginning he was my little baby... now he is my little boy.

He loves school and it has been so wonderful for him.. and for me. School starts back up in September and he will go twice a week. YEH!

His teachers put together a book of Hunter's pictures, artwork, and activities throughout the school year. It is precious and I will treasure it. We also got a report card and Hunter had a ton of strong categories.

Here is the note from the teacher..."I am so thankful to have had Hunter in my class. He is kind and friendly little boy who often gives his friends hugs. Hunter has excellent motor skills as well as vocabulary skills. His language is very easy to understand and he speaks quite clearly. Hunter has great manners and will always say "please" and "thank you" without being prompted. I am happy to have gotten to know him and will miss him greatly nex year. I know Hunter will do very well next year. Having two days of school will really benefit him."

We are so proud and thankful for our little boy!

Love,Me

No comments: