Thursday, June 17, 2010

Peyton is 15 months old








Peyton is 15 months old. Here are her stats:




Height: 31 inches (75%)


Weight: 21 lb. 1o oz. (25-50%)


Head: 45.5 cm (50%)




My baby girl is growing at warp speed. 15 months already? Seriously? She is so busy and is always getting into everything. With Hunter I never had to worry about the stairs, cabinets, fire place, small spaces, etc. But Peyton.. I have to watch her like a hawk. For the most part she is independent. She is happy doing her own thing and can entertain herself forever. She is so smart and understands everything that we tell her. She communicates by pointing and nodding and shaking her head. She still isn't want to say many words other than "uh-oh", "bye bye", "mama" and "dada". She does use the correct syllables though when trying to say "Hunter" and other things. She has found her voice and her attitude. She yells and throws a fit until we pay attention to her or she gets in her way. She like to try to get Hunter in trouble but I have caught on to her game. Usually she is the one starting the squab between she and Hunter. She loves Hunter and always wants to be around her. Hunter is a great brother though at times he would prefer she be elsewhere and not touching his stuff.




Peyton can tell you what sounds most of the animals make. She can point to most of her body parts. She can identify the sesame street characters. She loves Elmo.




Peyton is my picky eater. All she wants is hotdogs and chicken fries. She will eat peas, corn, and tomatoes. She loves fruit.. any kind will do. Her favorite snacks are still goldfish and pretzels. She is good about trying anything once but usually she spits is back out. Hopefully this phase will be over soon.




Peyton is loving the summer time and would be in the pool 24/7 if I let her. She is brave and has no fear when it comes to the water. She loves the pool and the splash park. She laughs when the water pours down her face and she does belly flops.




Peyton loves her blankie. It is amazing she never took to a paci or her thumb. The blankie calms her instantly and she loves when it comes out of the dryer. She will just cuddle up with it and smell it. I pray that thing never gets lost. Her other love is monkey. She must have him when its time to sleep.




Peyton loves her books. She will pick one out, crawl up on the sofa, and flip through the pages. Her favorites are pictures with animals and the touch and feel books. Her favorite nursery rhymes are "the itsy bitsy spider" and "you are my sunshine". I sing them every night before bed.




Peyton is a mommy's girl. If I am around, she doesn't want anyone else. She will usually grab onto me or sit in my lap to make sure wherever I go, she goes. Constantly carrying around a 20 pounder is hard work but I treasure these moments with her.




Peyton Elizabeth... "You Hug My Heart!"

No comments: