Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Circus





Eric and I took the kids to the circus on Saturday. We had a great time and the kids had a lot of fun. We left early to go behind the scenes to see the animals up close and interact with the clowns. The kids really liked the animals and "watching" the clowns (Hunter's shyness kicked in and refused to talk to any of them.) Hunter had to have his lemonade, cotton candy, and popcorn before the show. We made it to our seats and the show began. Initially the show really seemed to hold their interest and then Hunter started to lose focus. There was just too many gaps of nothing going on. There was also a lot of magic (over Hunters head) and more acrobatics than animals. By intermission Hunter was asking when we could go home. We stuck through it until after the tigers and then left early. It was actually perfect timing because there was only one more act and then it was over. So we beat most of the crowd. Peyton was a trooper and didn't get restless until the very end. On the way home, Peyton crashed and Hunter was bouncing off the walls from his sugar high.


Overall I am glad we took them since it was their first circus experience. However, if I had to do it again, I would have waited another year or so, so Hunter could have appreciated it more. Oh well, there's always next year!!

No comments: