Monday, July 23, 2012

Peyton and Blankie Bear (BB)

p and bb

Peyton has had her favorite blankie since she was 6 months old.  However, it got to the point where she couldn’t do anything without it and it had to be with her at all times. I was tired of always having to keep up with it or making sure it didn’t get lost. So enough was enough.

I told Peyton that if she wanted to be a really big girl, she would have to start leaving blankie in her bed at ALL times.  As her reward, I would take her to Build a Bear and she could could pick out whatever animal she wanted. 

To my surprise she was more than ready to leave blankie in her bed and head off to the store.  When we got there she walked up and down the isles several times before she finally decided on a pink bear with polka dots and a big bow in her hair.

She pushed the pedal to stuff her bear, she picked out and kissed the bears heart, and then placed the heart inside the bear.  We decided on the name blankie bear and she likes to call the bear BB for short.

Life sure is easier with blankie staying in Peyton’s room. Peyton will still take multiple trips a day to her room to see it and cuddle it.  I’m proud of my little girl and so happy BB joined our family!

No comments: