Well, it has been confirmed that I have gestational diabetes. I went this morning to my appointment and I got pricked three times and had to drink that sugar drink on an empty stomach. Not Fun. After it was confirmed I met with my doctor and she told me that I should be able to control this with just a diet alone. I have to meet with a nutritionist and keep a food journal. I also had to go get a diabetes monitor so I can check my blood sugar level four times a day. Wah. My fingers are still sore from this morning so this should be interesting. The doctor explained that it is just one of those things and that the baby and I are fine. She did comment that we will definitely get induced since the baby will be a big boy. She still thinks it will be one to two weeks prior to his September 8th due date.
I am very happy that I splurged during my visit to South Carolina this past weekend. I had Mexican, Italian, peach cobbler, ice cream, cookie cake, milkshakes, and more of my favorites. Hopefully I can last two months without them. It will be a challenge.
To kick off my good eating habits I had a grilled chicken breast and a dry side salad for lunch. YUCK. I am already hungry again. Ha. Wish me luck!
Monday, June 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment