Wednesday, September 26, 2007

School - Week 3

Hunter had a tough day today. We went to school and he started crying as we walked in the door. The teacher came over and took him from my arms.. big mistake. He wasn't ready to say goodbye. I put away his things, took one look at my sad baby, and left the room. As I was leaving the building, I could still hear him crying. My sister in law always swings by Hunter's room after she drops her kids off. She then calls me with an update and she said he wasn't crying anymore. Thank goodness for her! :)

From the teacher:

"Today Hunter was happy, chatty, friendly and busy. Hunter did cry long this morning. We found the shape sorter and he liked that. He did really good at circle time."

"Today Ms. Vicki painted our hands to make a special hand print. We were doing so good this morning that we decided to have movement with Ms. Sue in her room instead of in our room. We had a pretend fire drill and everyone did great. During circle time we were not in the mood for books so we sang lots of songs and played "I'm going to Kentucky."

---

I was there a little early to pick Hunter up from school. He was just waking up from his nap. He was still under the covers, curled up on his nap mat and holding on to Frog. I let him take his time to get moving and then I packed up his things. The teachers told me he was a shining star today.. he did all of the animal noises for them.

After school we went straight to the doctor's office for Hunter's flu shot. It only took a minute, he didn't cry (he was more annoyed), and then we headed home to play. It was getting close to the time that daddy gets home... Hunter hears a truck... he runs to the gate.. and says da da. It was precious! Hunter crashed early tonight.. he still can't make it on one nap.

I am still trying to decide what Hunter is going to be for Halloween. I need to hurry up and make a decision. He gets to wear his costume to school and they have activities planned for the upcoming holidays. I have signed up to volunteer for the school's upcoming events. I think it will be fun and I can get more involved with other moms. I will keep you posted!

No comments: