Last night Hunter was helping me with the laundry. Our normal routine is that I take the clothes out of the dryer and put them in the hamper, then carry them over to the sofa. Hunter then pushes the hamper over and pulls out all of the socks. He puts them on the sofa in a pile and leaves me to deal with the rest of the clothes.
Well last night as he was sorting the socks, he pulled out a dryer sheet. I told him not to worry about it that it was trash and we would throw it away. All of sudden he turns toward the kitchen with the dryer sheet in hand, walks to the trash can, opens it up and throws it away. Then he claps and says "yeh" due to his accomplishment.
He is a sponge...even when I am not "teaching" he is always watching and always listening. He is such a smart guy.
He wants to brush his hair when he sees me brush mine. He wants to brush his teeth when he sees me brush mine. He wants to put on his shoes when he sees me put on mine. He wants to pick out his own book before bedtime and turn on his sound machine. He talks on his phone when I talk on mine. He says "please" and "thank you". He tries to copy everything I say and do.
My baby isn't a baby anymore.. sniff sniff.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment