Today was our 10 week 3 day checkup. Unfortunately this ultrasound picture is terrible. She looks like a blob. You can see her arms and the yolk sack is to the left. I made them keep trying other angles so I could get another look at her. Finally we were able to get on top of her so we could see her stretched out. I swear when we zoomed in, she started to wave. Then she was kicking around her legs and arms. You could really start to make things out.. elbows, knees, her frame, etc. I am kicking myself that I didn't ask for another ultrasound picture. It was really cool to see her this week. The heartbeat was good and she is measuring to the day.After the appointment I met with the doctor. She said that I was being released back to my regular ob/gyn. I asked her about the Lovenox shots and she said that I only had to do them for 12 weeks. She said that in the second and third trimesters, the placenta pumps more than enough blood to the baby. So only 11 more shots to go. WOOHOO! Then I would switch back to baby asprin and stay on that until my due date.
I am feeling really excited at the moment. Up to this point I still haven't let myself get overly excited just because of my history. But now that this first trimester is coming to an end, I can finally start to relax... a little. :)
I am starting to have more days where I am feeling more like "laura". I am still having some bad days but at least they aren't ALL bad like before.
My next appointment is next Thursday. I have been spoiled with my weekly ultrasounds so it will be torture going a week and a half without one. I shall survive though and I am excited about going back to my regular doctor who is closer to home.
Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers throughout this process so far. And a big thanks to all my helpers with Hunter. You guys have been lifesavers!
Love,
Laura
(ps. I am referring to this baby as "she" because I don't like calling it "it". Plus, I am being optimistic. :) )
3 comments:
I was going to say you forgot to announce that it was a girl, but then I saw the ps. I'm so happy for you that everything is going good!
yeah for a growing baby!!!
A Big CONGRATUATIONS ON THE NEW BABY, FROM EVERYONE IN HUNTINGTON!!
We are so excited and happy..
Hunter is going to be a great big brother!!!
Hope you will to continue to feel better.
Keep us posted on all Hunter and Baby News!!!
Love ya,
Aunt Diane
Post a Comment