Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby Nedd (11 wks, 4 days) & H's Party

Today was my first appointment back with my regular doctor. Woohoo! My appointment was supposed to be on Thursday but I had been having some cramping/stomach issues over the weekend and the worry wart that I am, they got me in early.

I was so nervous leading up to this appointment. The tiredness was wearing off and so was the nausea. I was worried. It's funny because as soon as you start to feel good, you think something might be wrong. But on the other hand, you are miserable when you are sick. So.. pick your poison.

I started with the ultrasound and thank goodness I got my favorite technician. Everyone at this office knows me by name. I have lived there with all of my pregnancies. After our hugs in the waiting room, she took me to start the ultrasound. She immediately zoomed in on her and tears came to my eyes (it happens every time I see her). She was measuring to the day and she had a strong heartbeat. I had Janette record the session on a dvd for EJ to watch later. So she spent some extra time with me so I could see and hear the baby. I told her a friend of mine was told the sex of her baby during the ultrascreen and asked her if that was true. She said even though it was very early still, there was a chance. I told her to go for it! She zoomed in on the lower half and told me to look at a bright line. I said.. its a penis. As soon as the laughter stopped she told me it was not a penis. HA HA. She said if the line was straight, its probably a girl. If the line curves, its a boy. I asked her what my line was and she said.."straight as a board". I screamed and said "It's a girl??". She laughed again and told me its only a theory and regretted getting me all worked up since she knows how I am. I said I would hold off until 16 weeks before I started buying pink. ha.


From the pictures above you can finally see all of her. She was kicking around, crossing her legs, and would raise her hands and make fists. I love knowing that she is okay! My cysts are still there but they are continuing to shrink in size.

After my ultrasound I was off to get weighed and had my blood pressure taken. I only gained 2 pounds since my hospital visit but hey.. I am gaining! The doctor came in and we talked about whats been going on with me the past 3 months. I told her about my visits with the specialist and we discussed the path forward. The best part is... come Friday.. NO MORE SHOTS. WOOHOO. I was sooo excited. EJ and I have already started our countdown until they are over with. I have to get back on the baby aspirin and stay on the folic acid but that's fine with me! She couldn't explain my stomach issues but chalked it up to everything expanding.

I am still able to wear my regular clothes but I am developing a little pooch so I am starting to find elastic to be so much more comfortable. I pulled out my maternity clothes but they are huge and just look ridiculous. I will get there soon enough, I am sure.

I am 3 days from having this first trimester behind me. I think it will take some of the stress away (I hope). My next appointment is in four weeks. I have requested another ultrasound so we can confirm the sex. Yeh.. I am so excited. Hopefully I can make it that long without an appointment or ultrasound. Ha.

On to other news (yes this is a super long post but I have much to share...), Hunter's bday party is this weekend. Ahhh.. I still haven't accepted that he is turning 2 next week. How did it get here so fast already? Gran gets here on Thursday night and the family party is on Saturday. Hunter keeps talking about his Mickey Party. It is going to be fun.

I am going to go back with Gran to SC on Sunday and will stay through Labor Day. I need some time with my family before the craziness begins with Hunter starting school and with all the holidays fast approaching. Even though we were together at the beach, I didn't feel like I saw anyone of them at all because I was so sick. Hopefully that is all staying behind in the first trimester. I paid my dues. Ha.

I hope this finds you well!

Love,
Us

No comments: