Hunter had his 4 year checkup and if I had to describe it in one word I would use “Brutal”. The reason I say this is because for some strange reason I thought I would tell Hunter in advance that he was about to get several shots. The anticipation was killing him and there were frequent moments of tears of what was coming.
Hunter’s stats: Weight 43 lbs (97%) Height 41 3/4 in. (90%)
Once again I was told that Hunter was the size of a 5 year old. The doctor looked him over and said he looked great. He refused to participate in the eye exam but didn’t mind the hearing test which he aced. After the exam, Hunter started the water works because shots were next. 4 shots in the thighs and then the flu nasal mist. It was torture..for both of us. I hated to be the bad guy holding him down when he was begging me to make them stop. After the shots we went for a frosty and a toy and that seemed to make things better. It took a good two days before Hunter worked out the soreness and was back to normal.
I still surprise myself sometimes at the thought of Hunter being four. These years seemed to have flown by. He seems so grown up all of a sudden and has such a personality. He is full of energy, smart, well mannered, and at the same time my sensitive baby boy. I couldn’t imagine life without him.
No comments:
Post a Comment