Thursday, September 02, 2010

Peyton is 18 months

DSC_0053

(caption: Why are you taking my picture? I don’t feel like smiling.)

Peyton is 18 months old today and what a little pistol she is. Let me start by saying my sweet little girl has taken a leave of absence. Instead I have a child who is full of drama, attitude, tantrums, naughty behavior and is into everything! Hello terrible twos.

Peyton is my wild child and my explorer. I think she is worse than what Hunter was at this age. She gets into everything and climbs on everything. She antagonizes her brother and beats him up. When she doesn’t get her way she arches her back, flairs around arms and legs, and does her high pitch scream. Her latest trick is spitting when she is told no. She looks like a llama. I have NO idea where she picked this up. It’s horrible. She throws things and she hits. Oh please let this phase end quickly.

When Peyton isn’t doing any of the above, she is precious. Her laugh melts my heart and she loves when I scoop her up and kiss her neck. We have to read a book before bed and sing “the itsy bitsy spider”. When she is tired she wants me to cuddle her and blankie. She is starting to play more with babies and having tea parties but only as long as the super hero toys can join us. She is very independent and likes doing things on her own. She adds a few more words to her vocabulary each week (the new words this week are “mine” and “here” thanks to Hunter). I need more of these precious moments.

Peyton’s Stats: Height 32.5 in. (75%) Weight 22 lb 11 oz (25-50%)

The doctor said she looked good and was right on track. Hopefully we are over all the issues she has encountered over the last 9 months.

Baby girl.. I love you.. tantrums and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The llama spitting she gets from you!