Thursday, August 04, 2011

Peyton and Potty Training

 DSC_0649 

Peyton started potty training today. She has been ready and wanting to do this for weeks now. I held off since I knew we were leaving for China and didn’t want my parents having to deal with it. When we returned from China, I took Peyton to Target and let her pick out her new panties.  She picked Tangled, princess, My Little Pony, and Hello Kitty. She was so excited she didn’t even know what pair to wear first. If she had it her way, she would change after every visit to the potty. Ha. Well the first pair was My Little Pony. 

I bought a timer and set it for every 30 minutes (only used timer for the first 2 days). When Peyton heard it she would take off for the potty. She did great all day. Her rewards are jellybeans and smarties.  So proud of my big girl.

peyton

                  Hey.. whatever it takes. She is in her zone!

**The first few days there were a few pee accidents and a few poo accidents. By the fifth day, she had it! No accidents. I could tell pooping in the potty wasn’t quite as comfortable for her so she would go every other day or every 2 days. She was even staying dry at nap and bedtime. She did awesome. She refused to wear diapers at rest so I put her in pull ups. Yeh Peyton!!**

No comments: