One of my goals for Hunter this summer was to have Hunter riding his bike without training wheels. Well life got crazy (or I got lazy) and before I knew it, summer was over. So one evening when Eric I got home from work I told the boys it was time for Hunter to learn to ride without training wheels. At first Hunter was excited, then hesitant, then scared, then cried and never wanted to ride again. While I had the camera and video camera, Eric was getting in some exercise running up and down the street with Hunter. After the first night, Hunter was really scared about falling and refused to get back on his bike. So Eric told Hunter he couldn’t have any electronics (that it TORTURE to Hunter) until Hunter decided to ride his bike. Well 2 days without electronics Hunter told Eric he wanted to ride his bike again.
Eric catching H just in time
Now when Hunter makes up his mind to do something, he will do it. So he got on his bike and within 10 minutes, he was riding his bike on his own. Eric told me when he finally let go of the bike and Hunter was doing it on his own, Hunter started saying, “I’m doing it, I am really doing it.” That still gives me goosebumps. He was so proud of himself and gave him the sense of accomplishment! Once he started there was no stopping him. He even learned in the same night how to start on his own and stop on his own.
No comments:
Post a Comment