Tuesday, August 08, 2006

35 weeks 4 days

Today was my weekly appointment and here are the details...first of all I lost 2 pounds from last week. woohoo. It actually made me question what was going on when they told me that Hunter is now 7 pounds. He must be taking all of my extra calories and using them for himself. We had the ultrasound and Hunter was moving around and he stuck out his tounge. He was soo precious. He is still 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Then we met with the doctor and we talked about my braxton hicks contractions. They started over the weekend and I have been keeping a close eye on them. She said this was normal and that I needed to track them if they became more regular or intense.

Then we moved on to the exam... grrr. First she did the culture test for and then she checked to see if I was dialating. The culture test wasn't bad at all but when she checked to see if I had dialated... ouch. There was so much pressure. EJ was saying if that was bad, wait until I have to deliver a 8 pound baby. Thanks EJ! ha. She was able to determine that I was 1 cm dialated and she even was able to feel his head. How crazy is that?!! She confirmed that he has dropped and she is happy with our progress.

She is taking me off the baby asprin this Friday when I hit 36 weeks because she said he could make his entrance any day now. She gave us the paperwork that we will need when we get admitted to the hospital. The plan is still for her to induce me on August 28th but if for any reason my water breaks or I have regular contractions we have to go immediately to the hospital.

I am already starting to get myself prepared in case Hunter comes early. His clothes are washed, the room is ready, and I am planning on packing my hospital bag this weekend. I have EJ's to do list ready for him this weekend. He is going to clean out the garage, attach the changing table to the dresser, install the car seat, and other tasks that will be assigned. :) He is being a good sport and dealing with my "nesting" stage even though he thinks I am in a mad rush for no reason. I just don't know when Hunter will decide to bless us with his presence.

I go back to the doctor next week for another non-stress test and check up so I will keep everyone posted.

Oh - last Thursday I had my FINAL appointment with the nutritionist. She said she was happy with my levels and that I did a good job of controlling my diabetes. I still have to monitor four times a day but since we are so close to the due date, she said there was no reason to go back and see her. YAHOO! 3 more weeks and then I am ready for that chocolate milkshake :)

No comments: