Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hunter here in 6 days!!






We just got back from the doctors office and great news... Hunter will make his appearance in 6 days. We had an ultrasound and if you compare this 3D picture to the 3D picture at 29 weeks, he has filled out and looks adorable. I think he has EJ's cheeks and lips and my nose. He is going to be sooo handsome. Hunter already weighs close to 8 pounds. EJ swears that Hunter gave a thumbs up or "gig'em aggies" during the ultrasound. He got a kick out of that and had to share the news with our doctor (who is also an aggie). I was actually sad to say bye to Janette who has performed all of our ultrasounds. She has been so good to us and spoiled us during our ultrasound sessions.

The next stop was my vitals. I haven't gained any weight from last week so to this point I have gained 30 pounds. I am pretty pleased with that. All of my vitals were fine and then the doctor came in. She measured my belly and said she was going to make me wait another week or two before delivering. My mouth dropped and then she told me she was kidding. grrrr. I am still dilated 1 cm and she said the shooting pains I was experiencing were normal. Lovely!

We went over the details for being admitted to the hospital this weekend. I go in Sunday night at 8pm and they will get things started. She said she would come in Monday morning and break my water. Then we sit and wait. Hey, just give me the drugs as quickly as possible!

EJ and I can't believe we are going to be parents in less than a week. OMG!!

No comments: