
We had an ultrasound and doctor's appointment today. It was great seeing Hunter but you could tell how cramped he was. No wonder I feel his every movement. Based on his measurements, he is still measuring two weeks ahead of schedule and the kicker is that he is already 6 pounds. YIKES. She said he will gain 1/2 pound every week until his due date so we are easily looking at a 8 or 9 pound baby.
All of my vitals were good and I have gained three pounds since my last appointment. I find myself being hungier than usual but I think its due to Hunter stealing all of my calories. ha.
We met with the doctor and she confirmed that I am still measuring two weeks early. She said at the rate Hunter is growing, a c-section is looking like a serious possibility. She still thinks we are on track for the August 28th due date but won't know for sure until she starts the exams at week 36. She checked my diabete scores and was okay with how they have been. I have to continue testing four times a day until he arrives. From here until delivery, the doctor is planning on alternating ultrasounds and stress tests. Then the exams will start at week 36. If it looks like I am dialating early, she might take him at 37 weeks but she is feeling pretty good about his August 28th date. She said she would be able to give us a more definite answer after my 36 week appointment.
I can't believe how quickly these weeks are going by. So I know Hunter will be here before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment