Thursday, February 12, 2009

37 Weeks


Today was my 37 week appointment. Did the usual.. blood pressure, weight (yikes), then I was sent to go pee in a cup. Okay, at this point in pregnancy, peeing in a cup is unrealistic. I can't even see the dang cup much less aim for it. Why don't they give you bigger cups the further you get into pregnancy?!!

Then the nurse came in to the room and we listened to Peyton with the doppler. Everything sounded good. The doctor came in shortly thereafter and we discussed my visit to labor and delivery. She said to keep going to L&D to be on the safe side if I was having any issues/concerns. She basically said my symptoms (tight stomach, etc) were part of being pregnant and to basically suck it up. Thanks a lot! She isn't much for empathizing! She measured my cervix and there was no change.. still 1cm. I asked her what her thoughts were about taking Peyton early and she said there wasn't a need. I wasn't dilating any more and wasn't having contractions. So as long as Peyton was good, the doctor wants here to hang out for another 2 weeks, 5 days. The only way to have her early would be to go into labor on my own... no thanks! I have much to be doing in these next couple of weeks.

So here we go.. another week until my next appointment. Will we make it without a trip to L&D? Let's hope so!

No comments: