Okay, most of you know I have been having some "guilt" issues about this second baby (yes I know its silly). I worry about Hunter and the effect this new baby will have on him. He is still my baby and its just been us for 2 1/2 years now. We have our routines, we cuddle when we watch movies, we play together, he wants to be near me and know where I am at all times, he calls himself "mommy's snuggle bug", he wants me to put him to bed every night, and he loves when I hold him.
This morning while making breakfast I stopped in my tracks and thought... there's only 11 more days of it just being "us". So I was thinking about all the fun things we could do together during these next few weeks because our world will change with Peyton arrives.
Later this morning my friend came over with her newborn and her son so they could get out and so our boys could play together. The boys were so excited to see each other so while they were doing their own thing I took out Madelyn to hold her. As soon as Hunter spotted me with the baby, he lost it. He was crying these huge tears and dropped to the floor. He was beyond upset. He then left the room, went around the corner, sat there and kept crying. I started crying because of his reaction. Sorry for all the tears Andrea!! After a minute I gave Madelyn back to Andrea and went to talk to Hunter. He said he was crying because I was holding the baby and that he didn't want to share mommy. :( Oh that broke my heart.
I know it is going to be a huge adjustment when Peyton gets here. I will just have to do my best to remind him how much he is still my favorite boy. I know that in time he is going to be the best big brother and will love Peyton a ton.
Dad - Don't forget the tissues when you come. You take such good care of me and my hormones. :)
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment