Hunter had his swimming lesson last night and all I can say is... Where the heck was my camera??? The lesson started out like any other. He jumped off the steps and swam to his teacher. His face was in the water, he was kicking his feet, moving his arms, and asking about the rockets. Then out of no where, Kathleen asked Hunter if he wanted to jump off the diving board. I was thinking to myself no way will he do that. Too scary. But to my surprise Hunter yelled, "Yeh" and got out of the pool and headed over it to. He made me climb up on the board with him and then we counted to three. He jumped off the board and swam to the teacher. Then she pushed him over to the side and he pulled himself up. Unbelievable. When I pulled him out he said, "again, again"! He didn't ask me to go with him anymore and he didn't even wait until we counted to three. He just jumped off the board again. About 10 times later the teacher told him his lesson was over. I think it if wasn't for the lollipop, he would have continued to jump off the board. On the way home he asked if we go swim tomorrow and if he could do the diving board again. I am so glad he is having so much fun and learning at the same time.
So lesson learned and I will have my camera in tow for Monday's lesson. Hopefully he will be just as enthusiastic about the diving board.
Friday, May 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment