Friday, May 15, 2009

First Day of Potty Training

Well, it has been 6 hours and Hunter has only had one accident. He is doing great!! I am using candy (jellybeans and lollipops) for his treat after each trip to the potty. I am asking him about every 30 minutes if he has to go. For the majority, he is coming to me and letting me know that its time for him to go potty.

I told him that we could go get a Happy Meal for lunch since he was doing such a great job. So he went potty before we left, loaded up in the car, and then about 2 minutes before the drive through window I hear, "I have to pee mommy." I tried to talk him out of it because he was still in his pj's without shoes, and I had just gotten out of the shower and threw mismatched clothes on. I couldn't talk him out of it so we went inside. I was trying not to let him touch anything while at the same time holding him up since he didn't have shoes on. He sat on the potty and said he didn't have to go. I told him he was going or we weren't getting a Happy Meal. So of course he pee'd and then we were leaving so I could get in the drive thru line. (side note.. Ronda had Peyton or else I wouldn't have made this trip! Thanks Ronda!). Well the drive thru line was sooo long that I just waited inside and placed my order. Hunter refused to be put down so I was trying to manage 3 drinks and Hunter. While I was trying to figure out how I was going to manage carrying the food too, Hunter drops his cup and it goes EVERYWHERE. Hunter starts screaming/crying because it fell and by then the restaurant is staring. I put him down to get another cup and that upsets him more. By then I am sweating because I stressed out and know that I have a huge audience. Finally our food is ready and I put Hunter back down. Once he starts screaming again the manager of Whataburger comes around the counter and offers to carry my food out to the car. HOW EMBARRASSING! I didn't have a choice but to take him up on his offer. So now I know why you aren't supposed to venture when you start potty training. Lesson Learned!!

Hopefully I will have a less eventful afternoon!

No comments: