Saturday, May 16, 2009

Let the "changes" continue - Peyton in crib




Why do just one big change at a time?? As if potty training wasn't enough, I decided to also tackle putting Peyton in her crib/room. She has been camped out in our room for the past 10 weeks and I was ready to have it back. I was tripping over her pack and play, her clothes were taking over my dresser, we had to leave a light on for night feedings, we couldn't turn the ceiling fan on, and we had to tip toe around if she was sleeping. As much as we love our little girl, it was just time!! Plus, she needed to start enjoying her new room that Gran worked so hard on. :)


So last night she fell asleep in her swing but woke up at 10pm to eat. So after I fed her, I took her upstairs and put her in the crib. I turned on her night light and sound machine and then walked out. I stood outside her door thinking she might start to cry but I heard nothing. I went downstairs and turned on the monitor. She was looking around and playing with her hands. Ten minutes later she was asleep. She didn't need to be rocked, she didn't need her paci, she didn't need a thing.


Peyton didn't make a peep until 3:30am. I heard her moving around so I ran upstairs in case she started to cry and woke Hunter up. When I got up there she was just smiling and moving around. I got her up and fed her and then put her back in her bed. She did the same thing as before.. moved around, played with her hands, and then went to sleep. I didn't hear her again until 7:30am.


Peyton is such a good girl! She is so easy going and is more on a schedule these days. She is independent in some ways and prefers to fall asleep on her own instead of being held or rocked. I think she is just used to her swing and her bouncer due to her active brother! :)


So another success!! Woohoo!

No comments: