Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Jinxed Myself


I knew it... I knew it! When I wrote Peyton's 11 month post and commented on how she has NEVER been sick, I was about to jinx myself. Since then she has had a serious virus of some sort (still don't have answers) that lasted for almost 3 weeks. She wasn't eating, she was losing weight, she was having stomach issues and the doctor was worried. Then even struggled drawing blood because of her dehydration. Then when she started to get better, she got sick during our visit to South Carolina. I took her to the doctor on Monday and sure enough she has a sinus infection AND an ear infection. Poor baby! So she was put on her first antibiotic. She feels awful.. she is coughing, her nose is pouring, she has no appetite and I feel like it is two steps back. To top it off, she goes tomorrow for her 1 year wellness checkup. She is getting shots so might as well knock it out while she is still feeling rotten. Sorry baby girl.


I hate that she was sick on her birthday. All she wants is her blankie and to be held. Glad I can assist her there and get lots of snuggle time in. I am ready to have my Peyton back. So lesson learned.. no more posting about perfect health. :)

No comments: