I took Peyton on Friday for a weight check. It had been 2 weeks since seeing the GI Specialist. The last two weeks Peyton has had normal bowels and has been eating like a champ. I was sure she had gained some weight..at least a few ounces. When they weighed her, she was still 20 lbs 2 oz. I got frustrated because seriously how much can she gain in 2 weeks and she is so active. The nurse talked to the doctor and he said that they would call the GI to figure out a path forward. Well since I have no patience, I called the GI myself and left a message.
Within a few hours, I got a call back from the GI DOCTOR himself. Wow. He told me the reason for the weight check was to make sure Peyton wasn't losing any more weight due to her diarrhea. He wasn't worried that she still wasn't 20.2 lbs. He wants me to get her weight checked again in 2 weeks. Then we decide if she needs to go back to the GI.
Honestly at this point, I am not stressing. We have our Peyton back and that is all that matters. She is eating and is back to her happy self. That's all I can ask for.
Peyton has a plan for packing on the pounds. She is constantly walking around with a bag of baby goldfish. Don't you dare try to take the bag away or put a few in a snack cup. You will see her yell, hit, and tantrum. Where did this attitude come from?? Eric maybe. HA.
So until the next weight check.. happy eating baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment