Friday, October 17, 2008

Am I being tested?

Okay.. I posted earlier about Hunter in his big boy bed and what a disaster nap time was. So I was really dreading bedtime tonight. After the movie I told him it was time to bed. He grabbed his blankie and paci and walked to his room. He grabbed two books and climbed in the rocking chair and told me to sit with him. We read books and then we cuddled for a few minutes and just talked about our day and what we would do tomorrow. Then I asked him if he wanted to climb into his bed by himself or if he wanted to "zoom zoom" to bed. (you know what this is if you go to the library. I zoom him around the room while singing the zoom zoom zoom..we're going to the moon song. ha) He asked to climb in bed so he walked around and climb up his stairs. Then he laid his head on the pillow, covered himself up and said night night. I kissed him goodnight and I was walking away I thought the tears were going to come at any minute. He sat up and said, "Hugs too mommy!" Awwww. So I had to go back and give my baby some extra hugs and kisses. Then he laid back down and stayed there.

I walked out of his room and stood there for a minute waiting to see if he was going to call for me or get upset. But all that I heard was silence. Why was this so easy and why was earlier so horrible? I think he is testing me. He wanted to see how many times he could get me back in his room this afternoon and sure enough I got suckered in a few times. Maybe tonight he realized that after this afternoon, he would save himself the two hours of crying and go to bed. Ha.

I am proud of myself for holding strong and sticking to it. Maybe this will turn out to be easier than I thought. Though I have to admit... I like when he calls for his mommy. :)

1 comment:

andydawn said...

What a BIG BOY!!! I knew he would do just fine :)