Monday, October 20, 2008

First Trip to the Dentist and Phase II



Good morning. We just got back from Hunter's first dentist appointment. The office was awesome and the staff was very nice. I have been talking to Hunter about the dentist and how they were going to look at his teeth. They called us back and Hunter got to pick out his toothbrush and toothpaste. Then he stood up on the stool and brushed his teeth (with my help). Then we went to the room with the chairs and he was able to take a big toothbrush and brush a monkeys teeth. He thought that was so cool. The dentist came over and played with Hunter for a few minutes to get him comfortable. Then I held him and layed in back in her lap. She noticed he has a fused tooth in front (two buds fused together) so basically its two teeth in one. She said we have to watch that one because its more prone for cavities. She said when he gets older they will have to seal it. She also noticed his bite was off and asked if he used a paci or his thumb. I told her about the paci and she said it could be contributing to his bite but we will have to wait and see what happens. She said things change after he gets his molars in.




Hunter was fine the whole time and even when she swabbed on the flouride. Before we knew it, it was over. She wants us back in 6 months for a checkup. Hunter was excited about his new toothbrush, stickers, and balloon.




So this brings me to Phase II. Phase I was the big boy bed and Phase II is the pacifier. It is time to get rid of the pacifier and after talking to the dentist, it has motivated me to make that move. So Thursday after school, it is gone. Not sure how I am going to do it yet but I will come up with something. I am not looking forward to this at all since he loves it so much. But like anything else, change is never easy but we will adjust!!




Wish us luck! :)

1 comment:

andydawn said...

He will adjust just fine ;) I know you will come up with something creative too to give paci away!! I can't wait to see what they have to say next week about Mason.