Paci is gone for good! WOOHOO!! We woke up this morning and I told him we were going to have a surprise after school. When we got to school I told his teacher that I switched out paci with the old one. So in case he asked her about it, she would know to tell him that it was broken and she didn't have another one. When I picked him up the teacher said he asked for it, then he spit it out a few minutes later. That was it.
We loaded up in the car after school and headed to the mall to meet EJ. Hunter was excited to see daddy and was more excited when we walked into Build A Bear. We let him pick out his animal and he liked the Panda Bear. He said.."he's cute". Then we took him over and Hunter helped put in the stuffing, put in his heart, and then gave him a bath. During this EJ and I were explaining to Hunter that in order to keep him, he has to throw away his paci since it is broken. We paid for panda and EJ took him away from Hunter when we left the store. Hunter asked for him back but EJ said what do you have to do first. Hunter said, "Throw away paci". So I took it out of my pocket and he ran to the trash and threw it in. Then he grabbed panda out of EJ's hands. He didn't talk about paci again until this evening.
When we were starting his movie before bedtime, he asked for blankie and paci (normal routine). EJ told him that he could have blankie but asked where paci was. Hunter thought for a second and then just changed the subject and ran to the gameroom to watch the movie. He wanted to leave blankie with panda, who he already introduced to his other animals and tucked him in his bed.
Then it was time for bed and I took him to his room. We said goodnight to daddy and then we picked out books and rocked. He got upset (this is usual because he doesn't want to go to sleep) but not once did he ask for paci. I put him down and said goodnight. A few minutes later EJ had to go up because he still hadn't calmed down. They rocked for a minute and then he went to bed. He always needs one of us to go back in for a second rock.
I can't believe its gone and I can't believe Hunter has taken it so well. Guess the real test will be in the next few days once he realizes its really gone for good. I have to admit that I took this harder than Hunter. After paci went in the trash, I gave him a big hug and told him how proud I was of him. Then the tears started. EJ just laughed at me like he usually does on those sorts of things. Another phase completed and moving on to another. Slow down my little man.
2 comments:
What a BIG BOY!!! I knew he be just fine...us however...that's a different story ;)
I'm so proud of him too. wow! I hope it goes that good for Jackson, however we're not there quite yet. I hear ya...slow down little guys!
Post a Comment