(my last picture of Hunter with paci)
Tomorrow is the day.. I am getting rid of Hunter's pacifier. The last few mornings I have noticed that Hunter has been waking up without it. I usually find it under the bed or tucked in the covers. He doesn't seem to care and he doesn't ask for it.
Tonight before bed he showed me paci and said it was broken. I looked at it and he had chewed a large hole in the side of it. Hunter asked for a new one and I told him we didn't have any more. He whined for a minute because he didn't like my answer and then just tossed the paci away. We went to his room to read books and rock. After our routine I put him in bed and that was it. He didn't ask for paci and went right to sleep. That was too easy.
I am thinking about switching his "school" paci with his broken one for school tomorrow. Hopefully he will feel the same way about it and lose interest. Then my plan was to pick him up and take him to Build A Bear. I was going to pump him up about it and let him choose his own animal. Then my idea was to stick the paci inside with the stuffing. Eric brought up a good point that we might wake up the next morning with paci in Hunter's mouth and the poor bears head ripped off. Ha. Funny visual. So I am going to let him choose his animal and tell him that its his big boy animal since he's a big boy now and doesn't need paci. Then I will toss the remaining pacis into a mall trash can. That way he knows they are gone for good and there's no way I will dive in after them.
Hopefully it will work!
I feel like I am flying through these phases. Yes, its a good thing because he is doing so well and it will be plenty of time before the new baby comes. But it makes me sad. It's another sign that Hunter is growing up and it's just happening way too fast.
I want my baby to stay my baby forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment