Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hello from SC

Hello from SC. So far Hunter and I are having a great time. Hunter is having a blast with his cousins and he is so in love with his grandparents. It is nice this trip because Hunter isn't all about "mommy" and wants to be where my parents are. It gives me a little break.

Hunter has a routine with my dad. He wakes up, they feed the dog, get the newspaper, and raise the flag in the front yard. Then Hunter asks Grandad for donuts and they go get them. Ha. At night he likes to go lay in bed with Grandad and watch tv or football if its on.

With my mom.. he loves his Gran. He asks for her when he wakes up in the morning and wants to go see her. She spoils him rotten with all of the attention and he likes knowing where she is at all times. They picked up leaves today while they were outside and later we did a craft. He glued the leaves on paper, colored in the rest with crayons, and then said that the picture was for Gran. Also, Gran is the only one who can get Hunter excited about shopping. Ha.

I am so thankful for the relationship he has with both of them!

Hunter still isn't too sure about moms house and all of her decorations. Some of the monsters are too scary and some of them he enjoys and wants to go see a hundred times a day. Just depends on his mood. One thing he loves is candy corn. He would eat a whole bowl if I would let him.

Onto other things.. I woke up this morning with horrible abdominal pains. I brushed it off and went on with my routine. Well as the day went on, the pain intensified and became more frequent. I called my doctor in Houston and the nurse said to go to a clinic or to the ER. I freaked! She thought it might be a kidney stone or an infection of some sort. She also wanted to ensure that the baby was okay.

Thank goodness my sister has a great relationship with her ob/gyn and she was able to work me in today. How awesome is that? My ob/gyn hardly gives me the time of day much less someone else. Anyways.. they were able to confirm that I didn't have any infections and we heard the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. I was hoping for an ultrasound but I wasn't going to push it! ha. The doctor thinks that there is a lot of stretching going on and possibly some scar tissue from my c-section. She said she wasn't concerned about the baby and everything else checked out. She said it was good I had a doctor's appointment back home next week with an ultrasound just to follow up.

So that was my stress for the day. At least everything checked out and Baby Nedd is okay. After my appointment, I realized that for future I need to find a new ob/gyn. This doctor spent more time with me answering my questions, explaining things, etc than my doctor back home. And this lady didn't even know me! Goes to show you that some doctors really do care and will take the time to put your mind at ease.

I will be 19 weeks tomorrow. Can't believe we are already almost half way there!

Love,
Me

No comments: