Friday, October 17, 2008

Officially in New Room


Hunter has officially moved into his "big boy" room. While he was in school yesterday I took everything off the walls in his old room and moved all of his clothes/belongings to his new room. During this process I got very emotional. This is a new chapter as my son continues to grow up. He isn't a baby anymore and as much as I want to deny it, I can't any longer.


When Hunter got home from school I took him upstairs and showed him where I put everything in his new room. I was trying to get him excited about this new transition. By the time EJ got home he wanted to show him his new room and he would call his old room "baby sister's room". So far so good.


We kept up the excitement about his new room until bedtime. I had EJ read Hunter a book and put him down (while I stood outside with the monitor). Hunter wanted under the covers and put his head on the pillow. He said night night to dad and EJ left the room. EJ and I were both standing outside watching the monitor. Hunter sat in bed for a minute, then got up and walked to the gate. Then he said, "no no no" and started to cry. Guess he didn't like the idea of being left in there. After a few minutes I went and got him and we rocked. Within minutes he feel asleep in my arms. I put him in bed and he flopped over. Hunter woke up at 3am but Eric was able just to pat his back and put him back down. Hunter stayed in bed until 8am this morning. woohoo!


I was feeling very good about the process so far until nap time today. AHHH. I told him it was nap time and we headed to his room. He climbed in bed, got under the covers and was ready for a book. I was thinking that this was going to be a breeze. Well after books and a kiss, I walked out and then the screaming began. I went back in a few times but it seemed to make it worse. I knew there wasn't any turning back to the crib at this point. I had to stay strong. After 1 hour and 20 minutes of screaming... he fell asleep. I think that was harder on me than him.


Hopefully it won't take him long to get adjusted to the new arrangements!

No comments: