Thursday, February 26, 2009

Turning 31, 39 Week Appointment, and having Peyton on MONDAY!


Gosh, what a day today has been! First off, I turned 31 today. Wow that sounds so old. Ha. Since I am not really sleeping anymore (so uncomfortable), Eric was the first to wish me a happy birthday. I don't think he really appreciated me trying to have a conversation with him at 4am but he was a trooper. Then when Hunter woke up he got him ready for school and then they made me pancakes. We took Hunter to school and then headed to my doctor's appointment.

Eric went with me to the doctor since this was my last appointment before my surgery. I did the usual.. weight (up 2 pounds), blood pressure good, and Peyton's heartbeat was good. The doctor came in to measure my belly. It was 40 cm. Geez! She asked how big Hunter was and I told her 7"15. She said, "Well this is going to be a big baby. My guess is at least 8 pounds." Oh my gosh!! She measured my cervix and said Peyton was very cozy where she was. She was still high and I was still 1 cm. Good thing she doesn't have a choice and is coming out regardless. Ha. Then we went over the details about my surgery. Now here is where I will skip ahead just a bit because my surgery was scheduled for March 3rd at 12pm. Well I get a call from the nurse this afternoon saying they had an opening for Monday morning at 7:30am. I jumped at the opportunity to have her a day early so now she will be here MONDAY. :) I have to be at the hospital by 5:30am to start my IV and lab work. Then its off to get my epidural and then have my c-section. I love having it early because my parents will be able to get Hunter up and fed and then bring him to the hospital. Hopefully he will be in good spirits. Okay.. now back to my day.

So after the doctor, Eric took me to have lunch and then we ran a few errands. We had enough time to come home, catch our breaths, and then we were off to the airport to get mom and dad. Hunter was sooo excited to see them and ran straight for them. Before I could even hug my parents, they had already given Hunter some toys. Goodness they spoil that boy.

We went out for Mexican food and then came home for cake and presents. Sisters - thank you for my gifts. I love them. Mom and dad - thank you for all of mine! I love my BOB stroller and other goodies. Thank you for making this trip to be with me on my birthday and for being here for Peyton's birth!

So as you can see, it has been a very fun filled day. Thanks for all the calls and emails and hopefully I will post as least one more time before I have Peyton. My sister is going to keep this blog updated during my delivery/hospital stay so check back on Monday!

2 comments:

Kim and Gen said...

An early morning appointment is way better: less time to stress! (And less chance of getting bumped and sitting around all day stressed and HUNGRY). : ) We'll be thinking of you on Monday.

Cole said...

Eeee how exciting!! Can't wait to hear...