Thursday, April 09, 2009

Easter Bunny


We survived the Easter Bunny... YEH! Today after school Eric and I took the kids to see the Easter Bunny. Thank goodness Eric went with me or I wouldn't have managed. When I picked Hunter up from school I tried to get Hunter all excited about seeing the Easter Bunny. Then the teacher informed me that the Easter Bunny came to Hunter's class today and he wanted no part of him. Great.

We get to the mall and did wardrobe changes for Peyton and Hunter. Thankfully Hunter didn't freak out when I made him wear a polo shirt (usually he freaks out.. weird I know.) I put Peyton in her Easter dress and we were ready to go. Thank goodness there wasn't really a line because it took some bribing with jellybeans to get Hunter to go sit on the Easter Bunny's lap and it was only a matter of time before Peyton starting screaming because she was hungry.

Hunter jumped up on the Easter Bunny's lap and I put Peyton on the other side. The guy took a few pictures and then I got some of just Hunter and then just Peyton. The kids did great. After the pictures, Hunter was happy and got his jellybeans and Peyton was ready to be fed. Thankfully Eric took the kids in the stroller and I stayed behind to pick my pictures. After arguing with the guy about the packages, I got what I wanted and it was over.

The whole experience felt like it lasted an hour when really it wasn't even 10 minutes. Geez nothing is simple when you throw another child in the mix. But we survived and thats all that matters! :)

We hope everyone has a Happy Easter! :)

1 comment:

Kim and Gen said...

Alastair whines whenever I put him in a polo too, which is pretty often. He keeps saying "no buttons! no buttons!" in that super whiny toddler voice. But once it's on, he forgets all about those meddlesome buttons.