Hunter had his second swimming lesson this evening. About an hour before his lesson I started getting everything together... towels, swimsuits, etc.. and Hunter asked what I was doing. I told him that he had another swimming lesson tonight and that's when he lost it. He was begging me not to take him and he told me he didn't want to go. I tried changing the subject but was unsuccessful. I put on my swimsuit and explained to him that I was swimming as well. He kindof perked up at that because he thought I was just swimming and he was off the hook. Oh well, I let him believe that until we got to his teachers house.
As soon as we got out of the car and into her backyard, the screaming began once again. I had to do my best to pull of his clothes and get him in his swimsuit. He had his arms around my neck until we got into the pool. The lesson today was to have Hunter swim between the teacher and I. Hunter cried for the first 5 minutes and then I guess he decided it wasn't so bad. I was making him laugh and the teacher had these rockets that Hunter would swim back and forth between us to get. He was having a great time. He held his breath, put his face in the water willingly, and kicked his feet. At the end, he swam over to the steps and was ready for his lollipop.
So today was great. When we got dried off and back in the car, Hunter said he wanted to come back tomorrow for another lesson. Woohoo! He said it was fun and he liked swimming. Unfortunately I am not sure how long these "fun" lessons will last before she forces him to be face down in the water and he has to flip over all by himself. That will be hard for me to just sit and watch him struggle. Ugh.
The teacher wants me to swim with Hunter one more time and then she thinks he will be fine in the water without me. I sure hope so because I got private lessons so I DIDN'T have to swim. Ha.
Next lesson isn't until Monday so until then..
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment