
It's official.. we are having a GIRL! Yahoo! We are so excited. Today was my 20 week doctor's appointment. EJ went with me because he wanted to be there for the ultrasound. At first when she started the ultrasound we didn't know what we were looking at. Donna (our tech) said.. its a girl! I was cheering and I looked over at Eric. I knew he wanted that confirmation without a doubt. So I asked Donna if there was any way the umbilical cord could be in the way or if the legs could be crossed. She said, "Honey, she is very proud of her parts. It is definitely a girl." So she had her legs wide open for us to see. ha.
She spent some time with us and went over everything. Her bladder, heart, measurements, etc. I was concerned because last visit she was measuring a week behind but Donna said she made up for it and was right on track.
During the ultrasound we noticed that the baby had both arms behind her head. It's funny because Hunter did that in his ultrasounds and he still sleeps like that to this day. How funny would that be if she came out doing the same thing?
After the ultrasound, EJ left for work and I had to see the doctor. They put me on the scale and oh my gosh... 8 pounds. AHHH. Here I was thinking I was small for 20 weeks. Guess all I needed was that trip to SC to fill up on all of my favorite restaurants. Ha.
I saw the doctor and she only spent a few minutes with me. She said everything looked good and she measured my belly. She said I was where I needed to be. I talked to her about my gestational diabetes I had with Hunter and she wants to screen me next visit. So in 4 weeks I go back and get to drink that horrible stuff, sit for an hour, get a finger prick, and pray that I don't have gestational diabetes with this pregnancy.
I am feeling so over joyed at the moment. What more could I ask for? I have a loving husband, an incredible son, and a baby girl who I can't wait to meet.
1 comment:
YEAH!!! I am soo excited for yall...we will have SOO much fun shopping :) We can't wait to see yall again! Let me know how Hunter does going to his big boy bed :)
Post a Comment