Today was my 24 week appointment. I get there and they make me guzzle this horrible orange drink. I only had 3 minutes to drink it and I was struggling. I felt so nauseous. I had to take the empty bottle back to the front to prove to them I finished it. Too bad I wasn't sitting by a plant that needed some watering!
I was called back to see the doctor. She took my blood pressure (good) and then my weight. Omg.. 6 pounds this month. What is going on? Halloween sure took its toll. That puts me at 18 pounds so far. They didn't seem concerned. Then I went to the room and she was going to listen to the heartbeat. It took her forever!! At one point I had gel ALL over my stomach before she asked me what side Peyton usually sits on. I pointed to my right side and sure enough she zoomed in on it. Wish she had asked me that BEFORE she soaked me and my clothes in gel. The doctor then came in and measured my belly. I was right at 24 cm.. so on track. Then she asked if I had any questions and she talked to me about my ultrasound last week. She said by 26 weeks I should be feeling Peyton move daily if not sooner. Then she told me she would see me in 4 weeks and then every 2 weeks after that. Wow this pregnancy is going by fast.
Then I headed back to the waiting room to wait my full hour before they pricked my finger. She called me back.. doom doom doom.... The nurse said the number had to be below 135. She pricked my finger and I watched the countdown..3...2...1....144! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I couldn't believe it. So I had to make another appointment to go back next week for a 3 hour test. BRUTAL. I have to drink the stuff again, wait an hour, prick my finger, and repeat 3 times. If my numbers are still high, its confirmed I have gestational diabetes. Yes I have been down this road before but I was hoping not to revisit any time soon. Especially with the holidays! That just isn't right. There is no way I am depriving Peyton and I of pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies! This is just another bump in the road of my wonderful journeys of pregnancy. All worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment