Ugh... Hunter has croup... again! What is the deal with my child? We have been to the doctor 3 times (and the ER) in less than 2 months. The doctor today said there is so much going around right now. I had to buy a breathing treatment machine from the doctors office and then go get all of his medication filled. He has to wear this mask for a week during all of his treatments. To my surprise he actually kept it on while watching a movie. Distraction is the key!
His schedule for treatments is as follows:
First 24 hours: administer every 4 hours (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?)
Second 24 hours: administer every 6 hours (NOT ANY BETTER)
Third 24 hours: administer every 8 hours (Sounding better)
Fourth 24 hours: administer every 10 hours (Can do that)
Fifth - Seventh 24 hours: administer every 12 hours (No problem)
By this point I am so tired after being up with Hunter for the past 3 nights, that I might as well keep this routine going since this is how it will be when Peyton gets here in 2 months. Ugh, I so need my sleep. Gosh, how do you do that again? Waking up every 2-3 hours to feed? OMG. Crazy how much you forget after the first baby.
So with Hunter not feeling great, we are spending the week at home and just relaxing. Maybe its not a bad thing... I could really use some down time after the holidays. Now only if I could get my child to sleep!
It's only 9:15pm and I am struggling to keep my eyes open. I have to stay up for another 45 minutes to give Hunter his next treatment. Oh its going to be a long night!
No comments:
Post a Comment