Last night I had what I thought was my final meal... a big mac, fries, and a chocolate shake. After having gestational diabetes with Hunter, I assumed that would be the case with Peyton. Especially after failing the one hour test last week. I got up this morning and headed to my 3 hour diabetes test. They made me fast so I was already starving on my way there. The nurse called me back and said before she gives me the drink we do the first finger prick. If I fail, then I automatically have diabetes. My number had to be below 100. My number came back at 87. Woo hoo... so far so good. Then she handed me the horrible sugar drink and I waited for an hour. The nurse called me back for my second prick and my number had to be below 165. Mine was 158. Too close for comfort but I still passed. Then I went back to the waiting room for another hour. She called me back again... my number had to be below 145. My number was 127. OH MY GOSH.. I passed my diabetes test. I hugged the nurse and couldn't contain my excitment.
So bring on the holidays.. pumpkin pie, cookies, cake, turkey, etc.....!! Thank you Peyton or should I say thank you placenta?! HA HA.
No comments:
Post a Comment