Monday, December 29, 2008

12-12-08 28 Weeks

Today was my 28th week doctor's appointment. I only gained 3 pounds this month and my blood pressure was good. I went back to the room and it took the nurse 15 minutes to find the heartbeat with the doppler. It about gave me a heartache. She was all over the place and she kept pushing it harder into my belly which hurt. Finally she decided to try higher up on my belly and found Peyton's heartbeat. Relief. It was only after the nurse found the heartbeat that Peyton started kicking back.

Then the doctor came in and measured my belly. She said Peyton had a growth spurt because now I was measuring two weeks ahead (30cm). She asked how I was feeling and I told her that I was tired again and my back was killing me. She had no sympathy and then told me now she will start seeing me every two weeks. They gave me my passport to keep on me at all times in case I have to go to the hospital unexpectedly. Then she answered a few of my questions and sent me on my way. Seriously where has this pregnancy gone? 12 weeks and Peyton will be here. Wow.

I left the doctor's office and then headed to the hospital to pre-register. It was quick and easy and I don't have to do anything until I have my scheduled c-section date. Hopefully Peyton will wait patiently until that day comes. Sp far this has been a pretty easy pregnancy (besides the initial injections and constant nausea) :). I think I have just been too busy with everything else and especially with Hunter.

Hunter is getting excited about Christmas. He loves Rudoloph and all of the characters in that movie. He sings all of the songs on that soundtrack and his other favorite is Jingle Bells. When you ask him what Santa will bring him he says, "presents". He has sooo much energy that I have my days where I struggle to keep up with him. I am trying my best to do as much as possible with him before Peyton gets here. I can only imagine how crazy my life will be when that time comes. But I know he is going to be an awesome big brother and he will be a big help!

No comments: