We spent Christmas in South Carolina with my family. We had a great time and Hunter had a blast with everyone. Unfortunately he got sick and we ended up in the ER the day after Christmas. We were there 5 hours just for the doctor to tell me that he had stridor (which I already knew he had). Poor Hunter had to endure a lot. Flu and strep test, chest xrays, then a breathing treatment, steroid shot, and awful cough medicine. We left the ER after 11pm and Hunter wasn't getting any relief. The poor guy just couldn't breath. The next day I went to CVS to get his cough medicine prescription filled and the pharmacist told me if was only for kids over the age of 6. I couldn't believe the ER doctor gave that to my child and then a prescription for it. The CVS guy said some doctors just don't care about FDA regulations. SCARY! So none of us have slept in 3 days, nor does Hunter have an appetite. I made an appointment with my doctor this afternoon so we will have to see what he says.
Moving on to hormones... oh my gosh they have been all over the place. There was one day that all I could do was cry. I would like to chalk it up to lack of sleep since I have been up with Hunter all day and all night. In my world, when it rains.. it pours. Hopefully those episodes will pass for now.
This morning I had my 30 week appointment. I only gained one pound..woohoo and my blood pressure was fine. The doctor said that she is a big girl because my belly is measuring 33 weeks. Wow. Now that would explain all the movement and the back pain. I have been having some contractions but not enough to cause any worry. She just wants me to stay hydrated and then I go back in 2 weeks. Peyton might make her arrival even sooner. Yikes I am not ready. ha.
So there has been lots going on in my world. Hunter loved all of his Christmas gifts and he is confused why the tree is down and all of the decorations. He keeps asking if Santa is coming again tomorrow. Check out all our Christmas pictures on flickr!
No comments:
Post a Comment