Hello everyone. I am back... for the most part. :) First of all I would like to thank my sister Jessica (aka Guest Blogger) for keeping my blog updated during my recovery. Great job Jess!
I am finally starting to feel better and getting back into the swing of things. Whoever said the second c-section was easier than the first was crazy because this hasn't been a fun recovery. Ha. After a day of being on my feet or running a few errands, I am very sore and beyond exhausted. I am trying to do a little more each day because I will officially be on my own in 3 days. Mom will be heading back to South Carolina and I tear up just at the thought of that. She has been WONDERFUL these past 2 weeks and has done everything for us. I don't know what I will do when she leaves.
Hunter is being a great big brother. He loves to talk to Peyton and always wants to hold her. What he isn't crazy about is sharing mommy. He will get very upset if I am feeding Peyton and can't hold him or if he is wants to play and I can't because of my incision. Mom has been a great distraction for him so that worries me too when I am alone. Hopefully I will be back to normal very soon so I can do more with Hunter and juggle the two of them.
Hunter is in love with Super Heroes. His favorites are Batman and Spiderman. Gran bought him every toy imaginable and even super hero pjs and t-shirts. He just can't get enough. Gran has spoiled him rotten during her visit here so he won't be happy when she leaves.
Peyton is thriving and is my angel. I can't keep my eyes off of her and I am so glad she is finally here. We have been to the doctor twice already for her weight check and two week appointment. Breastfeeding is going great and I only had to use formula that one night in the hospital. My milk came in the next day and it has been smooth sailing ever since. At her 2 day appointment her height was 20 3/4 inches, weight 8 lbs, 3 ozs., and her head was 34 3/4 cm. Today at her 2 week appointment her height was 21 1/4 inches, weight 8 lbs., 8 ozs., and her head was 36 cm. The doctor said she looked great and he would see her again in 2 weeks for another weight check. He said with breastfed babies, he likes to keep an eye on their weight to make sure they are gaining. Then she goes back at 8 weeks for her shots. Oh, her umbilical cord fell off today! woohoo!
Peyton is sleeping in 2-3 hour spans during the night. She is really good about feeding and then going back to sleep. She loves the boppy and would hangout in that all day if I would let her. She loves the car and loves being swaddled.
I am so thankful and so blessed for my babies! They are the loves of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment